- September 23, 2013 - Does Obamacare help with a man's $1 million medical bill? (myNorthwest.com)
- September 21, 2013 - Chronic illness puts Ballard couple near financial edge (Seattle Times)
- September 21, 2013 - Long wait for referral and scheduling for biopsy (Seattle Times)
- August 29, 2013 - Effort aims to expand health plan choices (The Columbian)
- August 24, 2013 - State readies for launch of health insurance exchange (The Olympian)
- August 23, 2013 - Editorial: Extend deadline to draw in more health insurers (Seattle Times)
- August 14, 2013 - Falling Short of Obamacare's Goals in Washington state (Seattle Times)
- July 27, 2013 - Enrolling healthy, young adults crucial to success of new health-care law (Seattle Times)
- July 05, 2013 - Viewpoint: Medicaid expansion helps small employers (Puget Sound Business Journal)
- June 20, 2013 - Health care access hit if budget doesn't pass (The Olympian)
Welcome to Community Health Network of Washington
2013 Legislature Expands Medicaid!
After 153 days of meeting, the Legislature agreed to a final budget that expands Medicaid, protects the health care safety net, and fully restores Medicaid adult dental. The final budget was a win for health care. On October 1, our uninsured friends and neighbors will begin applying for coverage thru Washington Healthplanfinder. Many will be eligible for free or low-cost coverage for the first time. Community health centers will be ready to help people apply for coverage, which will begin on January 1, 2014.
To thank your legislators for ensuring the Medicaid expansion, please visit Save Health Care in Washington!
For more than 15 years, Community Health Network of Washington (CHNW) has served as a statewide system of community health centers that works to ensure all Washingtonians have access to medical care and health insurance coverage. From the provision of medical care, to IT solutions, to advocacy at the public policy level, CHNW works to improve individuals’ and families’ access to health care, by overcoming barriers including geographic location, insurance status and income.
Community Health Centers
Community health centers provide primary and preventive health care services for people regardless of their ability to pay. Health centers overcome economic, geographic, and cultural barriers to primary health care, and they tailor services to the needs of their communities. Find a community health center near you.
Community Health Plan of Washington, a not-for-profit organization, is the only Washington State health plan founded by local community health centers. We invest and foster growth in the communities where you get care. With more than 540 primary care clinics, 2,365 primary care physicians, 13,571 specialists, and 100 hospitals, our members get high-quality, affordable medical care.
To learn more about Community Health Plan insurance products, please visit: www.chpw.org
Public Policy Voice
Community Health Network of Washington is devoted to strategic public policy and advocacy in both Olympia and Washington D.C., to improve access to health care for every person in Washington.